TO REPORT A CRIME IN PROGRESS OR SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD OR PARK
Take note of details and try to be as specific as possible when you call.
Write down, if possible, what the individuals are doing, the exact location, the make and model of the car,
physical features and attire of the people, and all other information you can gather.
Crime in progress in the neighborhood or park: Call 911.
For fastest response, the magic words< are "crime in progress."
- Suspicious activity (for example, loitering, strange cars) and any unusual activity that strikes you as "not quite right"):
- Call the police non-emergency number:
- Suspicious activity in the park:
- Call the park police non-emergency number: (301) 949-3010.
- Alert your Neighborhood Watch block captains and your neighbors whenever an incident takes place.
Some of your neighbors have signed up to receive email from the Sligo Headwaters neighborhood association.
You can write to your neighbors at email@example.com.
To sign up for the e-mails, send an email to the above address or contact your block captain.
- To drop off photos or other evidence, go to the Fourth District Police station at 2300 Randolph Road. You also can call the station:
- If you want to send information to the police by e-mail, send this information to
Officer Sharif Hidayat: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can send photos or scanned notes to him.